cookies

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hikari Cosmetics | Lipstick - Cabernet

In this issues September Glam Bag, I received a full sized lipstick from Hikari Cosmetics. Never heard of the brand but I must say I love this color (Cabernet if you didn't read the title). It's a bit lighter from my other wine colored lipstick (Rimmel London Bordeaux) and would probably say it falls more on the "berry side" but definitely has this red wine feel to it. It totally works for fall and it's the perfect transition color for those you aren't ready to dive into the darker ones yet. The longest I've had it on is 8 hours and I hardly drank or ate anything so I guess that's not really a good measurement of durability BUT at least you know what happens if you don't consume anything it lasts really well. The color is still as vibrant as it was when I first put it on, but I'll definitely give an update on how well it works with food and drink consumption.

 
Bordeaux - Left | Cabernet - Right



The only downside to this lipstick, is that it's really staining. As you can tell from the photo above, you'll definitely need make up remover or toner to take it off completely. Also, it does come off with food and drink consumption although as you can tell from the photo it still has some pigments left even if you wipe it off. Overall, I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.