cookies

Monday, February 23, 2015

It's Okay, That's Love - Korean Drama

I seriously love this drama. I compare all Korean dramas I watch to this one. I don't even know where to begin. This is one of the greatest love stories I have ever witnessed and I think the writers did a legitimate job of bringing awareness to mental illnesses.

First of all, I was spoiled by everything that happened because I hate surprises and I asked my friend prior to watching it. It's one of those loves that you know they were meant for each other and that they could not have found someone better to be with. If you continue reading, you'll definitely find spoilers.

Normally I don't like domineering male personalities, but Jang Jae Yeol's was quite subtle and was countered by Hye Soo's. I loved how she was an independent person and wasn't going to change her future plans just because she became "blinded" by love and that Jae Yeol forced her to go on the trip in the end. Secondly, she dropped the first guy in the beginning, I can't think of his name at the moment as soon as she found out he cheated. Sorry, but once a cheater, most likely you're not going to change your personality.

I think the main point of this drama is to find someone who brings out the best in you (e.g., Hye Soo and Jang Jae Yeol, Park Soo-Kwang and Oh So-nyeo). Hye Soo was able to heal Jang Jae Yeol's schizophrenia, and he cured her sex phobia. Soo-Kwang was able to get So-nyeo's life on track and she helped calm his Tourettes syndrome. Even in the non-romantic relationships between Dong-Min, Hye Soo, and Soo-Kwang. They were functionally dysfunctional and each brought their own bit of comic relief, but I couldn't help myself from laughing every time Dong-Min opened his mouth to yell at the other members of the household.

OMG and their house? I loved the design and how they had a front porch on top of the business.

I didn't know the actor who played Kang-woo was in EXO until I kept watching their dance practices and realized it was him. He definitely brought this character justice, but now I'm curious if they still maintained the "glitch" in him the entire series.

I think this drama concluded perfectly, even if everything seemed rushed in the end in terms of them getting married shortly after and then getting pregnant. Everything felt wrapped up without any loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.