cookies

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DIY Sea Shell Bra

I made this bra back in April, I don't know why I didn't make this post sooner.

Materials you'll need:
1 fitted bra
2 large shells
3 different colored pearls
1 bag of clear marbles
1 bottle of Gem-Tac Glue


Although this may feel awkward, put on your bra first. Put the glue on the cups and then place on your shells. I made the first mistake of trying to fit the shell to the bra without having it on so it didn't form to the cup. If you can find lighter shells (I bought mine at Michael's), I would also recommend that so the bra isn't as heavy. If I had my choice, I would have picked a regular bra NOT a strapless so it can support the weight of all the materials you put on it. But the only old one I could find was a strapless one. Once you have your seashells on there's no particular order on how to organize your materials. I would recommend the larger pieces first so that way you fit the smaller pieces between the larger pieces so it looks filled out. I stuck with more blue pieces, but you can really use any ones you want and to get a more shiny effect, put rhinestones throughout the shell and the straps of the bra.
Check out my version below:



So because I had the issue with the cups not fitting onto my body, I ended up using bandaids as pasties which was a bad idea because it just looked like a nipple anyway. -_-
Oh well. If you do make a strapless bra, it'd go with a pasty route rather than putting another bra under it (especially the sticky boobs). It just looks tacky, disjointed and awkward. At least I felt that way. Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Good luck! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.