cookies

Friday, April 26, 2013

Brittniss x Coachella Day 3

http://lookbook.nu/look/4840337-Forever-21-Denim-Vest-Steve-Madden-Combat-Boots
 There was a major mix up in transferring hotels but we got back here none the less. I absolutely love this last look cause it literally looks like a campaign ad thanks to my photographically talented friend. As you can tell, I literally didn't care how I looked and just threw my hair up and I didn't wear make up since the first day (honestly I forgot to put it on the second day, but we can pretend I didn't want to wear it).
Look:
Dress - Styles for Less
Denim Vest - Forever 21
Combat Boots - Steve Madden

This was also my simplest outfit because it had the least amount of pieces, but I still love it just the same.
This mother effing snail literally ran people over. I didn't think it moved the first day but I heard from others that they got stuck underneath it or it was right in the middle of sets being a major distraction. It's definitely a beautiful piece of work, but just a pain in the ass when it's sitting in the middle of the set. It was funny because I tried my best to avoid it as much a possible.

Overall, Coachella was a fun, new experience. I didn't feel the need to see every band and it was worth it to just see the select bands I wanted to see. I didn't suffer from fatigue or heat exhaustion because by the last day, people were just chilling in the shade taking naps because they were so exhausted. Like this one girl was passed out while her friends were sitting next to her and her poor piercing looked infected from the sweat. My combat boots was a smart decision to wear. They were comfortable and protected me from the dirt when walking. Downside, they're super dusty now and debating on whether I should clean the laces. WEAR SUNSCREEN AND BRING HATS! I brought jackets for the first two nights and didn't wear one for second night because we left before the sun went down. I know what you're thinking HOW COULD WE HAVE LEFT? I had class the next day people at 9am, cut me some slack. Jk. It didn't matter anyway because we came late the whole weekend anyway. Wide brim hats are your best option because they cover your face and provide your body with a little bit of shade. They weren't kidding when they said to stay hydrated. Because I probably stayed max 4-5 hours per day, I consumed 2 bottles while there and that's not even accounting for the water I consumed prior and after. BUDDY SYSTEM! Just cause. I can't comment on the bathrooms because I was fortunate enough to only have to go when I was in the hotel room and when I did have to go we were already heading back anyway. If you plan to drink, camp or buy shuttle pass. If you're an all day goer, camp or get shuttle pass. It was totally worth the extra 50 bucks just so we didn't have to drive back and forth and when we were tired we didn't have to deal with the stress of driving back.

That was my weekend. Hope you other coachella-ers were safe and had a good time as well.

I'm graduating this quarter so I'm trying to finish off strong and majorly studying.
Happy studies.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.