cookies

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hunger Games

AH! So I absolutely love how these shots came out!




As you should grasp from the title, this look was also inspired by the Hunger Games, especially the scene where Katniss volunteers as tribute. Each of these items are very particular to details in the book, especially the jewelry. The earrings symbolize the feathers at the end of arrows, since obviously I am not going to walk around with a deadly weapon. Secondly, the necklace is a reference to the second book, "Catching Fire," so spoiler alert! One of the game makers has a pocket watch with a mockingjay across the face of it, so when I saw this necklace, I knew it would go perfectly with this outfit. The boots are from my first lookbook post, but the boots and the jacket are supposed to be part of her hunting experiences and the actual Hunger Games.

As you may have read before, I am obsessed with these books, so I've envisioned this look for quite awhile as well and finally was able to shoot it. Feel free to share your Hunger Games inspired looks and thoughts about the book in the comments!

Hair Style: Myself, simple side braid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.